The Central Mining Institute has obtained the status of a notified body within the scope of directive 2014/28/EU concerning explosives for civil uses. As part of the obtained notification, GIG performs product conformity assessment within the full scope of the directive, including in accordance with the following modules:
- EU-type examination,
- Conformity to type based on internal production control and supervised product checks at random intervals,
- Conformity to type based on quality assurance of the production process,
- Conformity to type based on product quality assurance,
- Conformity to type based on product verification,
- Conformity based on unit verification.