The Central Mining Institute is a body notified within the scope of Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. As part of the obtained notification, GIG performs product conformity assessment within the full scope of the directive, including in accordance with the following modules:
- EU-type examination,
- Conformity to type based on product verification,
- Conformity to type based on quality assurance of the production process,
- Conformity to type based on product quality assurance,
- Conformity to type based on internal production control and supervised product testing,
- Conformity based on unit verification,
- Internal production control and submission of technical documentation.